Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Early to bed, Late to ride...

Makes a man late, and with some sore thighs.

Well today was a case of the warm wife - cold outside syndrome. I just did not want to get out of bed today.

After dragging my back side out and getting into my uni-bomber outfit and got out the door. I was greeted with traffic, lots and lots of traffic.


My 5 mile drive to Dave H. house took 35 min due to an accident on the highway and everyone getting off to avoid it.

I should have just rode from the house to work, hell even with me being slow it would have been faster.

My favorite of the morning was the lady in the 4 door Cadillac who cut me off, and then got all kinds of pissed off it anyone tried get in front or her. She want as far as to block both lanes on Progress ave to keep anyone from getting in front of her. Add that she was doing her make-up at the same time, I was keeping a good distance between my self and her.

Once getting to Dave H. house the ride was nice but short. I took the easy way into work.

Numbers on the day.

Moving time: 18:19
Moving Avg: 8.6
Stopped: 3:21
Over all Avg: 7.3


On a side note, the lock out on my Axel Comp has given up the ghost. I have been looking it up online and can't find much about it. Dave H. had a good idea for a quick fix, two pipe climps on the shafts.

I will keep looking, but there is also a part of me that thinks it might be a good idea to just put a solid fork on the bike.

No comments: