Friday, April 10, 2009

Come on weekend...

What a week...

Well the week is almost over. Whewwww!

My legs are tired, and my butt is sore in about the saddle regions but over all it was a good week.

Number for today:

GPS.
Moving Time: 35:40
Moving Avg: 13.2
Stopped: 4:27
Max speed: 30.5
Trip: 7.83
Total Ascent: 136 Feet
Total Descent: 248 Feet

Cycle Comp.
Time: 35:17
Avg: 13.2
Max: 31.0
Trip: 7.8

By the end of today I will have ridden 66.98 miles this week. I can definitely feel that I'm putting in more miles as well as much more elevation change.

New Tires...

My new tires arrived last night, god I love my Amazon Prime account. All the fun of shopping online, no shipping costs and 2 day shipping.

After I got back to the house last night I enjoyed a very nice Troegs, Nugget Nector and sat out on my front porch and put the new tires on.


The tires I went with are the Avenir Streetster Tires 26 x 2.0. They are smooth with a extremely low rolling resistance. They were a monumental pain in the but to get on. But from what I have learned by reading online reviews the side walls are slow to cut from "hefty" riders. Seeing that has been a problem in the past I'm hoping that this will help to elevate the problem. They also have a Kevlar belt running under the tread to help elevate flats. All this for $19.00 each.

www.mtbr.com
has no review for the product yet, guess I'm a trend setter.

Green Geek item of the day...

Allow me to start off by saying I want one of these. It is the NatureMill in Home Composter. I know what your thinking "Ewwww but the smell" well forget that, this thing is smell free. They range in price from $250 to $400. They also have a pet waist version.





Pet of the Day...

Now this is a problem I fully understand. Its amazing how little bed space you can end up with when you have pets in the house.





Why Helmets Don't Suck...

Kudo points on not only landing on his butt, but also getting the hand up for the "I'm OK wave" which is different from the "I need medical assistance" and the "That heart so much I don't know my own name" waves.






Sgt. Pezzer's Epic Fail
...

Today's Sgt. Pezzer's Epic fail is a link to this video.

Click here to watch-Safe for work.


Please not that he receives extra points for falling on his skate board at the end. Classic.

No comments: