Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A hole new sore...

Wonderful web...

So the web has given us some data over the past 20 years. But one web page has come to my attention as being almost indispensable to the commuting cyclist. If your like me and tend to find out what the ride home is going to be like by sticking your head out your office window, this site may help your and your co-workers comfort levels. Just plug in your zip code.

www.weatherbike.com

New Ride...


Wow, that was harder then I thought it was going to be.

Over the past two weeks I have been riding fairly short rides 8 to 10 miles round trip per day. I was feeling good, really good, fast, agile all things not fat.

This has been my ride for the past two weeks.

This ride is safe, easy and best of all, I can sleep in a bit and still make it to work just fine.

This is the new ride.Still very safe, not easy, and about twice the time on the way into to work.

The Green path is what I drive to my parking area (Giant Parking lot). So the questions may be, why do I drive, and not ride that short distance. Well, I hate a hill between my house and the parking area. I really hate it on the way into work, but it sucks HUDGE on the way home.

So today was the first time this spring I made the longer ride. My back side is sore, and my legs felts like they were going to fall off by the time I got to the car. But as they say, pain is weakness leaving the body. I must be very week, it was a lot of fun to be able to be on the bike for a much longer time, I'm sure there will be time in the upcoming weeks when I will want to slash my tires, but this is for the betterment of me and I'm excited about it.

Numbers of the Day:

According to my Cycle Computer.
Time: 40:25
Avg: 11.4
Max: 37.7
Trp: 7.7

According to my GPS.

Moving time: 40.30
Stopped: 2.22
Over all Avg: 10.6
Odo 7.59 miles


Geeky item of the Day...


Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the ThinkGeek Annoy-a-tron.

This comes to us from one of my favorite sites, ThinkGeek.com where you can get such wonderful thinks like the One up mushroom t-shirt and the R2 fish training school kit. Today I would like to talk about the Annoy-a-Tron. This wonderful little device has crumbled the mind of two of my coworkers, go to the above link and read the letter ThinkGeek received.

So what does it do, it emits a random tone, at a random interval... All day...... They also have a new version that emits a buzzing sound. You know something like a cell phone on silent.

Pet of the Day...


I try to stay away from all the pet pictures with intentionally incorrect English, but this was funny.








Why Helmets don't suck...


I have three words, CRAP!!!! all of them.






Sgt. Pezzer's Epic Fail...

I would like to point out a where these two "men" went wrong.

A) WTF are they wearing?
B) SNOW! No pants, SNOW!
C) Crazy Person 1 (CP1) is standing on ICE, Crazy Person 2 (CP2) is diving into what they believe is water. CP2 really should have looked at CP1 prior to attempting to dive into a sheet of ICE.
D) What is CP2 wearing under their "toto" is it?
E) I'm not sure how much alcohol it took to get these "men" out here but for CP2 is about to not be enough.

There is a part of me that would really like to see how this turned out.

No comments: