Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dont CRASH!!!!!!

Ever find your self going down a hill a little bit faster then you think you should be and running through your head is.

Don't crash!
Don't crash!
Don't crash!
Don't crash!
Don't crash!
Don't crash!
Don't crash!
Don't crash!
Don't crash!
Don't crash!
Don't crash!
Don't crash!
Don't crash!
Don't crash!
Don't crash!
Don't crash!
Don't crash!


Today was one of thouse days, I got to Daves house really, really late. I blame snuggling with the new wife for to long, but hey can you blame a guy?

So after getting the bike set up, I decided to take the short way in to work, a quick ride up Sycamore street and I'm there. This route cuts my ride in about 1/2.

Well last night there was some rain and its been a long time since I rode with wet roads. Going down the hill I pushed and got the bike up to about 32 mph. Just as I crosed the street, the car in front of me puts on their left turn signal and comes to a dead stop. WOW do thouse new disk breaks ever lock up a tire. The back tire started to fish tail, both feet came out of the peddels, and I was sitting on the top tube. At this point I was excepting I was going to crash. Somehow, I managed to get my feet out into the ski position, feather back the break and keep the bike upright. At the same time I got over onto the side walk and brought things to a complete stop. When I looked back there was a fish tail drag mark throght the entire intersection. Must have been quite a show for all thouse watching.

Fisxed my chain, it fell off during all the excitement, and back in the saddle again. Thats when I looked down at my HRM and relised that is the highest its ever been. Wow, I did not know my heart went up that high.

No comments: