Saturday, November 22, 2008

Three Words, BURRRRRRR- all of them...

Friday ride report.

WOW was that cold. I left my house at aprox 7:00am, thinking I'll be a little late getting to work, but it might be a little less slippery if the sun gets on the trail a bit.

Ok, so I started me day of wrong and just made it a habit most of the day.

The ride in was ok, I had a little bit of a trouble with some of the climbs, I still have the semi slick tire on the back so it was all over the pace if i stood up. Other then that everything went ok.

Once I got off bike trails, and onto streets it was just wet, the only sporty places were where the snow was being insulated from the road by leaves.

After racking the bike, I changed out the back tire for me Kenda X-trail (Love that thing).

The ride home was much better, with the exception of my rear derailleur froze up tight, I had three gears. Fastest speed I could make was 6mph... 6 I tell you 6. what usually takes me 30-40 min took me over 1 hour and 30 min. at this point I was freezing.

Headed over to the bike shop and got a can of alcohol degreaser and went to town on the derailleur, they also found a broken cable housing, and something "technical" in the back axle was loose.

Got a new patch kit, CO2, and spray for 24 bucks, I love my LBS.

On to the geek stuff.

Vista has failed me...
I gave vista a year, can't do it any longer. On Friday I slip streamed SATA drivers into a XP pro install and, ahhhhhhh, back to a real OS. Much happier now.

Nuclear Cooling Tower...
Its a vase, its a router is a Nuclear Colling Tower.

I have a rule, well two rules actually.

1) Don't drink anything blue. :)
2) Never, ever, mix water and gadgets, but this is kid-of geek sexy.

RPGs=Bad, Quick kill defense system=Badder...

The military has come up with a way to use a grenade to defend against a grenade. How would have thunk it?

Fiber optic Wall Paper...

My inner dork, you know the one, the guy that I try to not let out is flipping out over this one.

Wall paper laced with fiber-optic lines. You can program it to display just about anything, or lots of random somethings. No idea how expensive it will be.

Wave LED Coffee Table...

Uses 32 sensors to detect movement and follow it with trails of color from 480 LEDs under the surface. More your wine glass over it and the lite will follow it. Nifty, $1800-$2000. This would flip my cat out!

HypsSurface...

Fabric and Plastic walls drive my pistons to create a moving surface. Recommendation, No drugs prior to standing next to this thing.

Pet of the Day...
We are now excepting submissions for the pet of the day image, if you have a goofy pet, and can get their goofiness on film, send it over to Broken Shami and we may post your image on the World Wide Web!!! And if we use your image, you'll get,, well nothing at all.


Why Helmets Don't Suck...


Three Words, OUCH! All of them.

No comments: