Tuesday, November 25, 2008

This is one fine day to be....

Warning, warning, spell check fail. Read at your own risk.

Ride in...

Number for a while,

The last time I reset was fridayy on the way home.

Time: 58:05
Avg: 9.4
Max: 34.6
Trip: 9.1
Odo: 1267

Rode into work today, ahhhh felt good on the bike today, no snow, no frozen bike, my mp3 player worked the entire way in. (I'm counting that as my chrismas miracle)

It was a little chilly, I did not wear a belaclava or hat, and once I got to work I wish I would have. Also need to make a glove repair, with any luck I can beg, borrow or steal a heavy knedle and thread at Dave and Laines house tonight.

Curious on how dave will make out today, he is riding the tank today for the first time this year, I mght actualy be able to keep up with him now. hahahahah

Ways to stimulate the econimicaly...
  • Handbag Chick - Kathy Van Zeeland Snake Embossed Nappa Dome Bag $35 Reg $79
  • Amacon.com - Clumbia Corla Fleece Throws - $9.99 Reg $14.99Musiansfriend.com (aka the devil) D'Addario ELX 165TP Reg Light Top/Med Bottom Electric Bass Guita Stings 2 Pack with Storbe Tunner - $16.99 Reg 22.99
  • Weekly Closeouts.com - Magellan Roadmate 1430 GPX w/Say Where Technology $179.00 Reg $538.52 - wow
  • Patagonia - Men's Clyde Jacket - $56.00 Reg $140.00

Good Food, Fresh...

A problem I have finding good, high end seafood in Central PA. Lets face it, I life to far from a cold ocean. Well as long as I'm ok with letting go of a few Washingtons, I can go here and get all the fresh sea criter I need.
http://shop.mccormickandschmicks.com/

Uncrate.com...

Did a nice work up on the why you need to have a first aid kit (were men) and if you going to have one in your house, it should be mainly... "Yes dear, I'll clean out the litter box as soon as I'm done with this post, OK, yea, nows good to" (Kidding, shill let me finish the post first ;)

A new site for me, Design Within Reach or http://www.dwr.com/ has a very nice millitart insprired First Aid Kit for $30.00. Ladies this is an exceptable christmas gift for that hard to buy for guy.

On to the Geekie Goodness....

Canon EOS 5D Mark II...

To hit stores, and maby even shelves today.
Price - $2,699 (sorry sweety, not this year)







Amazon Kindle 2...

Just might not make it for Christmas this yea, apparently there was a demaded software update from the VP, EVP level that will hold it off till Q1. I hope its better then the first verison, I so want to get behind this tech, but just can't yet. I still feels very mini-disk to me.

Head Refreshing anyone...

Only in Japan, 234 Points of scalp Massanging. All this and it will not mess up your hait at all. But can you share it with anyone else??? I mean, I love my wife, but there are still limits.

Androids Jam...




Little robot might be a badddddd man on the drums.

By the Wire...

I cought an off topic post on Gismodo today about a book that might be worth while for all you geeks, BBook of Geek. Might be somethhing to check out, suposed to be funny.

Are you one in five...

Someone, somewhere how is very smary has figured out that One in Five people cant tell the differnace between HI-Deff and Reg-Deff. Well I'm sadly one of them 68% of the time. But where there is a hocky game on, back up, and give me the Hi-Deff signal.

Chicken, Natures Camera Stabilizer...




who would have thunk it, the humble chicken.

The future of flight...

Posible Specs:
  • Two Roll Royce Trent-like engines, capable of developing up to 95,000 lbf.
  • 55,000 feet altitude ceiling.
  • 505 knots cruise speed at 47,000 feet
  • 208-foot long body (which in combination with the wings gives it that stylized look).
  • 10,400 nautical miles range.
  • 256 passengers in an all-sleeper, double-deck configuration (if only all inter-continental places were all-sleepers).
Might even be in service by 2028. Now I just wonder hum much polutants it will pump into the atmostphere. Also at the hight isent there a risk of radiation exposer?

Here we come a gadgeting and looking for some batteris...

Endgadget is out with the HOliday Gift Guide for him; ahemmmmm ---->> Hint, HINT!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/24/engadgets-holiday-gift-guide-for-him/

Nanotech Material Never Gets Wet, Even When Wet...

Sright from the web;

Through the magic of nanotechnology (we use "magic" only ever so figuratively), chemists from the University of Zurich have developed a new fabric that never gets wet, even after being completely submerged in water for two months.
The fabric is constructed of polyester fibers that are covered in a layer of 40-nanometer-wide silicone nanofilaments. These nanofilaments are spiky and cause water to sit in a sphere above the fabric, a permanent pocket of air protected safely below.
Not only could the fabric create a self-cleaning clothing; it reduces drag in water by 20%. In other words, Michael Phelps could go without washing his bathing suit ever again—a prospect that's probably in mixed demand depending on the specific sexual orientation of the fan.

Papper Hal 9000....


Go here, print in color, fold and have a Hal of a good time. I kill me



http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~sf-papercraft/Gallery/hal/hal9000.html







Your dead, not make POWER....
"I'll rest when I'm dead,, ahhahah,, no you will not mister" Snta Coloma De Grament, a small town outside of Barcelona is putting solar cells on top of the Mausoleums. So far 462 Panels pare producing enought power to run 60 homes for a YEAR!!!!!! and they have only used 95 percent of the surafe arer in the cematary.


Cute Pet of the day...


Again, my dislike of pet costums is well know, but that is just funny.




Why Hemlmets dont suck...


For all thouse that are starting to ride in the winter time, please remember that Mt bikes are not really that stable.




No comments: