Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Getting back to Old Broken Shami

Wow, Tuesday AM SUCKED!!!!!

ShockTop is the devil.

Dave, thank you by the way, that was one of the better hang overs I have had in quite a long time.

Ok so time to get the Shami back to her old style and format.




The ride in today...

It was fun, I took a street that I tend not to ride due to traffic, but today I was in the mood to be a bit of a road warrior. (Wow, when the wife reads this I'm in a bucket of trubble)

So I hopped off the green belt at Harrisburg Hospitalbe and then ran 2nd for a while, well let me tell you, 2nd street at 7:30am is sporty. 3 lanes of traffic red lights, and most of the time I was faster then the cars..... Hahahahahahahah. Kiss my fat a@@.

Red Line-New Route
Green Line-Old Route

It was nice for a change of pace.



What I've Learned...

Things I have learned about marriage in one month.

1) It was a good idea.
2) I have eaten and drank to much in the last month, my pants are getting tighter.
3) I missed going to work, not really the working, but the ride to work every day, I enjoy it.
4) Now I can tell her anything, and she can't run away.
5) Our wedding was a blast, thank you to all those that made it possible.

The bombdigitty...

Getting colder here in PA, average AM ride temp is between 40-50 deg F.

So after we got back I picked up some new gear for the winter season.

Item 1:

NiteRIder MiNewt Mini-USB LED Bike Light

Holy crap is this thing bright.

Specs:
Weight (w/ batteries)175 grams
SystemLED
Battery life on high3 hours
BatteriesLithium Ion
Charge time4.5 hours
MountingHandlebar
Battery mountStem


Can charge via-USB, it lights the night up like a Cops flashlight.

Item 2:

Craft Performance XC Storm Tights


"Remember when we first got married Louis, and I said I wonder what it would be like to be a bear? well I'm living it louis, I'm living it"

Best investment I have made in clothing yet on the bike.

Specs:
  • Smooth on the outside and soft on the inside, stretchy Flex Fleece fabric resists winds up to 30mph, sheds light weather elements and keeps you warm through and through
  • Wind Shield front laminate offers further protection from cold winds
  • Vented and articulated knees keep your movements fluid and sweat-free
  • Reflective piping enhances visibility
  • Drawcord waist lets you adjust the fit
  • Credit card holder keeps your personal items secure - I have not found this yet, but I'll keep looking.
Item 3:

Pearl Izumi Gavia Glove.


No padding in the palm, but then again its a cover glove. I have yet to get a cold finger in these.

Specs.
  • Windproof, waterproof and super-breathable AmFIB fabric creates an effective barrier against the elements on the outside, while remaining soft and comfortable on the inside
  • Silicone screened palm enhances grip
  • Soft, Mircofleece wiping surface picks up excess sweat
  • Articulated, Neoprene stretch wrist gusset with locking zipper enhances mobility and locks out the cold
Item 4:

Cannondale L.E. Balaclava


Wow, it has not got cold enought in my state yet for this. Fit is good, I used it one day, and had to take it off on the way home due to getting to warm.

Specs.
  • Modular design offers a breathable, front face shield with coverage you can regulate when the weather takes a sudden turn for the worse
  • Carbon Thermal Hydrogrid Max fabric provides wind and waterproof protection while maintaining flexible comfort
  • Quadtex Carbon Jersey fabric in back encourages air circulation so your head stays cool when the heat is on
  • Reflective accents add visibility
Item 5.

Crank Brothers Premium Cleats.


While ridding during our honeymoon my left foot kept pulling straight up out of the peddle. So after getting back, the wife allowed me to get a nice new set of premium crank brothers cleats.

The Premiums have a sweet set up, the little silver center piece can be slide left and right.



Are you a Trek Geek...
You to can have three Star Trek outlet covers for $18.




Next to this one is should say. "Live long and don't get laid"










I guaranty that you will never get a gold uniformed extra in your room, cause the EPS conduit has killed more of "that guy" then anything else in the Federation.






141MPG...


The long, naaaaaa, how about the short of it

MP3 Hybrid scooter.
141MPG
Can operate in either a full-electric mode, or one of three hybride modes
125cc gas engine
Zero to 6o in about 5 seconds
Regenerative breaking
Full charge in three hours
No work on price, might, they said MIGHT hit the market next year

Ohhhhh the Irony...

Does anyone else get the Irony on this one. "Flush this to kill these"






WHAT THE HE**...

Pepsi is testing some new flavors in Japan. Akihabara News tasted a few of them and got a few sentences down before they expired. They also reviewed Pepsi Ice Cucumber, and Pepsi Hawaii (83% of all Japanese hate the new Pepsi Blue Hawaii) They will soon be testing Pepsi Cthulu (Squid)

Thank god these aren't in the US,,, yet....






Something there were not supposed to be...

I'm not sure what they were doing, but as a cat owner, I'm sure it was something they were not supposed to be. Also, I would highly recommend to who every is the primary care giver to these two , to check the other side of that wall for. what ever mischief they were just up to.







Why Helmets Don't Suck...




This is why, you;
1) Always were a helmet.
2) Always, always, ALWAYS watch for people sitting park cars, they will not see you and then they open the door and you end up with a car door in the face.




This guy is going to need a band-aid

No comments: