Friday, September 5, 2008

I DID IT!!!

My New Ride into Work...

Distant: 9.5 Miles - one way
Elevation Change: 527 Feet of
Time: 55 min (first time)

Well, "breath" I, "breath" finally, "breath" rode, "breath" from, "breath" my, "breath" house, "breath" to, "breath" work, "breath" with, "breath" out, "breath" driving, "breath" half, "breath" way, "breath" first, "breath""breath""breath".

For those of you that can't read fat.

Well, I finally rode from my house to work without driving half way first.


For many reasons I was not able to ride this week, I can list them out but its just life stuff, things to do after work, sleep in one day, shoulder feeling like crap, yada, yada, yoda, yoda.
Last night I got it in my head that I was going to make the ride, the HOLE ride from my little home, to the big bad office, with out driving to Dave's house first. (missing beer, sad, sniff, sniff)

So at 7am today, (figured about an hour was all I needed to make the trip) I hit the road.

Out of my house there is a beautiful down hill run, WOW Dave's M80 can really fly after getting tune up. (See Map #1)


Oh, yea Dave, I got your bike a tune up. Figured it was the least I could do for you letting me borrow it.



So down the hill I went, Weeeeeeeeeeeee (Everyone else does that going down hill right?) At the bottom of said weeeee hill, is SUCK hill, the hill that I have to go up. This hill makes my car down shift. Its about 3/4 of a mile long, and I swear straight freaking up. (See Map #2) So I figured I started up it, taking my time and missing my Fisher, something to be said for compact geometry. Near the top I felt like I was getting shorter, Oh wait I am getting shorter, the seat post was sliding down, so quick fix there, and a moment to catch my breath and off I went.

Legs hearting, lungs screaming, going for a rolling recovery. Down the next downhill, again weeeeeeeeeee (See Map #3) crap this might be a little fast on a MT bike. Again, Damm Dave, this thing can fly, and whats wonderful it its stable as hell at high speed. Most MT bikes get squirrely at around 28-32mph. This thing is a truck, nothing effects it.

So up the next little rise, well its a hill, but I have allot of lead in. OUCH, OUCH, OUCH, I did not have as much lead in as I thought. There are so parts of this road that can kiss my a#@. (See Map #4)

From here on out, I had it beat, its mostly all down hill from there, out Linglestown road (See Map #5), to 6th street in Harrsiburg (See Map #6), 6th street has this long uphill grade for it, that you really don't notice till your trying to figure out why your legs are tired.

After getting in to Harrisburg, it was gravy, down 3rd street, to Penn Ave, Penn Ave to Maclay, then it was out to river front park to work.(See Map #7) Total time- 55min.

Side Note:

Called the LBS yesterday about my fish, still no word from Trek, sad! :(

3 comments:

Steve said...

Good job Jason!!

Now that you've done it once, you'll have to keep doing it. I think there's a bike commuter law someplace...

What is the total distance?

Steve.

Steve said...

Never mind on the distance, maybe I should read more...

Steve

Jason G. McClain said...

Steve,

I was sneaking in some updates on you as well, Blogger and I are not "loven" each other lately.