Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I might be a woozy, but I'm not telling...

Updates:

Monday;

I rode to work on Monday, got to Dave's house early, carpet bagged for a while and then hit the road.

This was the first time I rode in from his house with the lower profile tires on his bike, much faster. I took the long hill up to UPS then down into the green belt, taking the long way around PennDOT, gravel fun with these tires. I might be going crazy, always a good chance, but I think that with fattie tires his bike is faster in the gravel, then mine.

Go to work just fine, WOW- what time did we leave, I took just about the longest way to work I can, and I was still there 5 min faster then my usual.

Home was also wonderful, seems that almost killing my self ridding home on Friday was a good thing for the legs, I passed,, no FLEW by four people on confront bike behind PennDOT. Was some what funny, they had the largest handle bar mirrors I have ever seen, and yet they had no idea I was there.

Put in the extra 4 miles going out to Belco to meet up with Dave, always seem strange when I have to climb a hill that two months ago almost gave me a stroke and now Its,,, well,, its just not really that bad. I mean its still a hill, it still sucks, but at the top of it I was thinking to my self, humph, I'm winded, but my legs aren't killing me.

Got back to Dave's house with out problem.
Beer GOOD!!!!!!

Tuesday:

Got up late, got a shower to wake up. Crawled back into bed beside the not a wife. Got to Dave's house at about 7:15am, Did not expect to see him at all today, figured he rolled out at about 10 till seven. There were thunderstorms rolling thought the Central PA region today, so the ride in was SPIRITED. Did not get wet till I hit the bike rack, then it was like taking a shower. All in all a good ride, I made it short, rode up to UPS, down to Cameron Street from there, then as the sun started to set again. (can't say I blame it, there are days when I feel that way) I decided to take the short rt in. Took Cameron street back into Harrisburg, up over the rail-rode tracks to PennDOT (hate that hill) and then into work. Total time was about 20 min.

With the wonderful cool weather, I'm thinking about taking off a little bit early, seeing how light I can make my bags and heading for Dave's work. I'm sure I will not make it the hole way, but I would love to drop another mile or two on to the ride for the night. Might even try the climb up behind Stealton again. That hill SUCKS!!!

Side Note: Nothing from the LBS yet about my fisher, I'm really hoping to get the new frame back soon. I'm hoping to take that bike with me on the Honey Moon.

No comments: