Monday, September 15, 2008

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!

The Fish is back, and its Carbon???

So the saga is over, and fairly painlessly I might add. Called the bike shop on Friday afternoon and they said that my new frame was in and ready for pickup. So after a half day of work in the office I was off to see what the bike shop had in store for me.

They had a blue, disk frame, what they called a "Marlin" replacement frame. Did the pick up, swap out my green Marlin and off I went to my local LBS. When I got there, Dustin made the comment "Why are the chain stays black, while the rest of it looked blue through the bubble wrap. After a quick unwrap, we discoverd that the entire rear triangle is CARBON??? Ok, while cool, on a MT bike?
So I picked up my box of parts, fittingly in a beer case, and off to pick up Dave, and then back to his house for beer and bike assembly. The LBS pressed in a new head set for me, a very nice Cane Creek S-3, and we were off to the races.

We got everything put on with the exception of the cables, the lengths were off and some of the houseing needed to be adjusted, and lets face it with out the cutter, getting though thouse housings is a pain in the butt.

So Saterday monrning I dropped the bike off at the shop, when I pulled in there was a Local police cruiser paked in the parking lot with the lights rolling? After walking in, I discoverd that someone drive friday night and shot out each of the front windows with a BB gun. Someone needs beaten! No one was in the shop at the time, and no bikes were injured, but glass everywhere.

The LBS was unable to work on it Saterday, they truly get bussier they a one leged man in a butt kicking contest. So I figured I would have it back on Monday-Wensday.

Today:

I woke up not feeling well, Have VPN access and decided that rather then drive and pay to park, I would work from home. At about 2:30 I got a call that my bike was set up and ready to go. I drove over and picked her up. Three new cables were in order, seems that my new rear break cable was fraying in side one of the housing, going to have to send a email about that.

One major issue that I ran into that Dave pointed out was that the rear end has no braise ons for a rack??? Probaly due to the carbon read. So I was thinking about getting a clamp on, after talking to the LBS they had me try theses clamp on braise ons and a standard rack. Unfornitualy it was not going to work, so I took it back, got a ten dollar credit and a new clamp on painer rack.

After 30 min or so of doing the final set up, and making a "bending" adjustment to the painer rack to get the bags away from the rear wheal I am all set up and ready to ride.



No comments: