Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Stage 2...

Yesterday...

First - My local LBS...

I walked in holding my new-broken frame and they all looked at me and said.
"NOOO!!!!, you did not break another one?"

Well after talking it over with them, they spun off the BB for me and knocked out the headsets.

Second - My other local LBS (MFG LBS)...

After walking in and talking to Steve, very nice guy, we came up with three options.

1) Will the LBS buy the replacement frame that Trek will be sending back to me?

2) Can I ask for a "beefier" frame rather then one with Carbon chain stays?

3) What is the retail of the replacement frame? So I can sell it, and buy something I'm not going to kill.

Basically, I loved my fisher, but I'm not willing to be changing frames every six months. So Steve (MFG LBS) asked me what frame I was looking at getting. After talking it over, he said that they may be able to get me my "wish" frame instead of the standard Fisher replacement.

So I left the bike shop slightly amazed by the level of customer service I just encountered, and not in the usual way. Ya know when you are shocked by the lack of service, this time it was shocked by the HIGH level of "Lets try to take care of the customer" service.

Next Day...

Today I received a call from the bike shop (The MFG one) they are going to be able to replace the frame under the warranty. But this time not for the same Fisher replacement frame, but this time for.

Dan, dant, dan...........

Meet the INSTIGATOR!!!!


The Surly Instigator:

Allow me to pull a line from their site that sums this frame up.

"If you ride big or are simply a big rider and break just about everything you throw your leg over you'll appreciate this level of stoutness"

Now I don't want to say anything, but I'm thinking I need a stout frame.

Specs:

Tubing: 100% Surly 4130 CroMoly Steal.
Rear Dropouts: 4131 Steal, cut from a solid block of steal.
Brake Compat: IS Disc or Cant. (Cant. bosses are removable)
Braze-ons: Dual Bottle, Down tube shit, guides for Hydro or solid housing, ICGS chainguide mount.
Seatpost Diameter: 29.4mm (HUDGE)
Downtube: 1.5" (also HUDGE)


Also stright from the Surly Web site:

As one reviewer said "this bike encourages you to be a hooligan"



Well its suposed to be here in about a week, after getting here it will be visiting the bike shop for about 48 hours for 3-4 coats of frame saver. After that its bike building time in the basement. I'm so excited!!!!!!