Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Trigger is dead...

Bottom Bracket from the Front

I cant even begin to tell you all how much today sucks. Trigger is dead, my faithful green meanie is gone, done, finished, caput. In case you cant tell from the picture the frame on my 05 fisher marlin has gone to bike Heaven. In case you don't know, my AM commute is fairly easy, all but a mile of gravel trail, is paved. I have even changed my path a bit so I don't have to hoop a curb, this was done more to prevent more broken spokes. Today while riding up State street in Harrisburg I was crossing 2nd street and I heard a sick sound, it sounded like someone hit a hamster with a sludge hammer. (kaathunk, with a squish) I was not fully the sound that was sick, it was the feeling that came along with it. My ride went from stiff, responsive hard tail, to full suspension with a problem. when the cranks went around there was a wobble. Thinking I killed another set of cranks (acutely laughed about it a bit, thinking I can't wait to see the look on the guys at the local LBS when they find out I killed a set of XTs in a month). That is whey I saw the crack,,,,, I'm going to be sick... She bleed green.

So here is the sequence thoughts that went through my head.

1) hu, what was that?

2) Is that broken, no, what, how, hu, no?

4) I said a word here, it ends in uck

3) Your freaking kidding me........

4) Oh man....(thinking about public weeping)

5) Let me look again, maybe its not that bad

6) Its bad.

7) I can't buy a new bike now.

8) DAM IT!!

9) Maybe I can just get a new frame for the MT bike?

10) I have the LHT on layaway,,,, NO I'm getting married in a MONTH

11) DAM IT!!!!

12) Wonder what the warranty is?

13) Great, now I get to walk.... (DAM IT!!!!!)

Ok, at work, calmed down a bit. Dave H. rocks my bike socks, he is going to let me use his M80 as a loner till I can get back on something of my own. I checked out Garry Fishers warenty site, and it reads;

Gary Fisher Bicycles warrants each new Gary Fisher frame, rigid fork, or original component part of the bicycle against defects in workmanship and materials:

For the lifetime of the original owner
The bicycle frame, except the fork

As I am the orignal owner, of the bike, I figure this should be a mute issue. I sent the obligitory email off to their warrenty support site this morning. Now its just a waiting game. Ill keep you all up to date on any developments.

Again, thanks Dave H. the loner helps make today better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAMM!

Joe said...

dude, that sux, sux, sux. You're welcome to take the Iron Horse for a few days if you need it, I mainly save it for rain and winter.

Joe

Steve said...

Try to keep the loaners rubber side down!

It's awesome to have friends that will lend a ride! I know this all too well from breaking my own Marlin!

Steve