Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Holey quick CS batman...

Ok, I'm fully impressed, I contacted a nice ELK class rider from the MT bike fourms about his past experience with a Fisher break named Steve, he was extreamly nice enough to share with me some of the information he learned during his breakdown, and it definitely helped.

The events of my day.

1) I sent the email to Fisher Tech support at 9:32AM EST
(Should have been titled "Please dear god help me make my baby hole again")
2) MT bike fourm Steve gave me their phone number :)
3) Called them, nice on the phone, good answer line "Thank you for calling, my name is " " how can I help you
4) After explaining what happened, and where the break is, I gave the Trek guy the URL to this site and had him take a look. He then checked with his buddy in warranty support and they think that by looking at the pictures it will be warranty. But, its has to go through a local store.
5) Hung up with them, and called the local Trek LBS, after asking if they had time to talk to me about a warranty issue, and their response being "Well I'm a little busy right now, but I guess I have time" I hung up and called the OTHER Trek dealer in my area. They want to see it, and have no problem if I put the parts on the new frame my self.(Joe)
6) At 1:30pm EST, that's less then 5 hours I have a message in my inbox from Trek warranty esupport giving me the same info. IN LESS THEN 5 hours!!! holy broken bike parts Batman.

So tonight its off to the local Trek LBS to get her picture taken and sent off to the Fish Factory, lets hope for some frame love.

3 comments:

Joe said...

You mean this means we get to go to Daves house some evening, drink, eat, and put fun parts on your bike? You should break your frame more often. :)

Joe

Jason G. McClain said...

I'm not sure if I want to kiss your ass or kiss you full on the lips...

Jason G. McClain said...

Ok, let me try that again with a proff read.

I'm not sure if I want to kick your ass for telling me to break my frame more often, or kiss you full on the lips for helping with the part swap.

Makes so much more sence that what?