Friday, June 20, 2008

5 Days...

Making the assumption that I can make it home tonight, I have now ridden to work five days in a row. The ride in this morning was fantastic, the new spokes held wonderfully, and the tire is now straighter then it has ever been thanks to the boys at the LBS.

Why Dave H. Rocks
1) He has all the tools needed to maintain your bike
2) While adjusting your front derailer, he brings you a beer
3) He has a keg in his home...
4) He just over all a good person, willing to do anything to help
5) He helped me clean my chain rings, and chain last evening
6) No really, its a freaking nasty job, no one wants to do it

I happy to report that the cleaning effort worked fine on the way in. I did suffer a little bit of chain suck, but that was more my fault then the bikes. GPS is dead, needed battery's, combined with me getting to Dave's house 29 min late I did not have time to record my ride in today.

Had a office breakfast, of Mrs. Smiths muffin, a pack or cheese of wheats, and a coffee cup of instant oat meal that was left in my desk from the previous cubical monk. Oak meal was good, but needed a little bit of brown sugar.

Brand: Quaker
Flavor: Regular

Something my commuting buddies have started to do when we get to work is send a group email that we are all OK. Just a quick note that we all in, alive and well.

Equipment Review.

When this blog started I talked about the gear I had purchased to facilitate the commute. I am happy to report that I would buy it all again if give the chance. The panniers are a little bit big for what I need but it is nice to have the extra space.

Have a wonderful weekend.
~Jason
"Its all downhill, breath"

2 comments:

Joe said...

Might I just add that the first time I mentioned to Dave H about cleaning his chian and gears his response was "why clean it, I'll just buy new when it wears out" ;)

The first time I took my rear Cassette aparat at his house and cleaned it he accused me of being insane. :)

Joe

Anonymous said...

And he is insane, his bike cleaning habbits not withstanding