Wednesday, June 18, 2008

When disaster strikes...

The ride in today was not bad, again I put some air in the back tire at Dave's this morning, it was not until I got out of work did badness start to happen. I felt the back tire and could crush it completely between my fingers. On the big list of things that are no fun, its pumping a tire up 3 times on the ride home to 60psi with a "cheap, I'll not spend allot of money on that cause I'll never use it" frame pump.

Also during all of this, there was a storm moving in, so I was VERY motivated to get back to the truck. Missed the rain by about 15 feet.

Fastest return home ride so far.

So off to the LBS, oh crap their closed, the sporting goods store it is then. they don't have any 26" schraders in stock. Except for a slim tube..................OK give me the slim tube.

I installed it last night, I can tell I don't like these things from the start. I also put my Hutchinson city slicks back on to reduce some rolling resistance and just to make things a bit easier for now. The valve stem plate was so big that it would not allow the tire to set in the channel locks. It also seems that you cant put air in these things and then CHECK THE DAMM pressure, cause the green crap will come out and clog the nipple and your pressure gage. I got about 60psi in it before all hell broke loose, I'll head over to the LBS this week and get things straight.

Numbers on the day;
Millage: 8.9 (I changed to take on a bigger hill)
Moving Time: 23.52
Max Speed: 20
Average Speed: 11.5



~Jason
"Its all downhill, breath"

No comments: