Wednesday, June 11, 2008

First Day of Work

No ride in today, although I am all jazzed up about tomorrow. I figured it would not be a good idea to show up for the first day and have to get cleaned up.
"Hi I'm the new guy and I smell funny"


So lets take today to go over the man, machine and plan

The Man:
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 340lbs (ouch)
Current Athletic Ability Level: Basset Hound


The Machine:
Brand: Gary Fisher
Frame: 05 Marlin
Add-On: Eggbeaters Peddles (Crank brothers)
Add-On: Climbing bars (I have no idea)
Add-On: Rear Rack (Blackburn)
Add-On: Lights (Front & Back)
Add-On: Two bottle Cages
Add-On: Bell


The Plan:
Riding the bike from my house to the office is no feasible to two reasons at this time;
1) I would have a stroke
2) I would have to leave at about 3am to get there by 8am
So the idea is I'm going to park a good friends house that lives close to the Greenbelt in Harrisburg. I have mapped out the rt, I can take side streets to the green belt and then follow the bike path the hole way to Forester st in Harrisburg. From there Its three blocks to the office, piece of cake.
Over all millage is .1 miles short of 10 miles a day. Good starting point I think.
Well tomorrows the big day, stay tuned
~Jason
'Its all down hill, breath"

No comments: