Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Missing firiend...


A measure of loss.

Last night marks the end of a "Beautiful Friendship". My fathers dog, a 15 year old black and white cocker spaniel had not been eating for going on several weeks. This weekend things took a turn where he was unable to stand for more then a few minuets, could hardly walk and was not drinking. So after making the very hard decision, it was decided that it was time to let him go. I'm profoundly saddened by the loss, while at the same time enlightened by memories I will always cherish. He was a wonderful dog, a good friend, and the one of the best fishing partners a man could ever ask for. It always amazes me how attached to our pets we become, and the heartache felt after one leaves us goes to show just how important they are in our lives.


Murphy, I will miss you, and thank you for everything. Say hello to everyone for me.

No comments: