Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ohhhhh, The Pain...

Two parts to this blog today,

Part One.

Time: 5:35pm
Day: Last Night
Weather: Crappy

Meet up with wonderful fellow rider last evening while on the way home, I passed him on front street and then he cough back up with me behind Penn dot. While we got to talking about bikes and the like, about 200 yards from where I meet Dave H. every night, I hear a tell tail sound, something that all bike riders know as soon as they hear it. It's a hunting noise that plagues both recreational, commuters and professional rider alike. Its the grate equalizer. If we underestimate the spokes importance on the bike, this item does all the work, keeps us upright, and rolling forward (we hope).

So you want to know what the sound was I heard last night? Here I'll give you a hint.

BANG, Hiss, Hiss, Hiss, Hiss, thwhapa, thwhapa, thwhapa,thwhapa, thwhapa, thwhapa.

The Side wall on my read tire blue out, gone, good buy. luckily Dave H. and I missed each other and he was able to go and get the car and pick me up. Good thing I ordered new tires yesterday.

Part Two.

Ride in today SUCKed, no other way to put it, my legs were tired, I had no power at all and everything felt like I was dragging small children behind my bike.

Numbers on the day:

Time: 36.45
AVG: 11.3
Max: 23.4
Trip: 6.9

Today, I missed my car.

No comments: