Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My friend Joe H...

Turned Down...

I want to make one thing very, very clear, I enjoyed meeting with this company, I was and still would like to work for them. I would never say this to them seriously, and this is only being posted to share what was one of the funniest "JOKES" to come out of NOT getting a job. We've all been turned down for a job, we've all had to shake someone else hand as they got the promotion and looked them in the eye and said congratulations when on the inside we are screaming, "NO................... Its mine!!!!! You don't even have a green card.....". So with that in mind, enjoy this JOKE!!!

My friend Joe H. has been awarded the Borken Shami Funniest Person Award for today. His commemorative cardboard award and bumper sticker are in the mail.

Recently I applied for a position at a local company, after a while they got back to me letting me know I was not selected (Otherwise known as a F.U letter). After sharing my misery with my friends and the two replays I wanted to send back, Joe H came up with the award winning reply.

My Options

Option 1:

MOTHER (*^(%^&$^&(*%&()*&&#()^$%*$&%@^#)(*&)(*$^#*&*) son of a )(&(*&^%*(^&@)#^)(*&^%%$(@&^%#)*&^)*&^ dirty rat (*&^(*&^%&^%@*&^&*^#$ bone smoking piece of *()^&*(&^%^$^%$@^$#^%% !!!

Option 2:

Dear"Person",

"Company" and the training position was an extremely attractive possibility, so I was expecting fierce competition for the position. Thank you for letting me know the outcome of the candidate selection process and please extend my sincere congratulations to the selected candidate.

Please keep my information on file, as other Development, Training or Facilitation positions come available I would be very interested in applying for consideration. It was a pleasure meeting "Someone", "Someone else" and Yourself.

If you would please be so kind as to forward this email on to "Someone else", as I would like to thank her for taking time to meet with me.

Best of luck with your upcoming projects, and as always if there is every anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Regards,

~Jason

Now as you can guess, I went with Option 2, but then Joe H. comes to my honor and replyies with the response that everyone that has ever received a "Not Your Day" job letter has wanted to say, but just couldn't.

So here for you JOKING enjoyment...Option 3:

"Person"-

It is apparent to me now that you are perhaps the sibling that was always denied that essential bit nourishment at feeding time. That could indeed be why your substandard brain led you to believe that someone else was more qualified for the position than I. Luckily for you, I am a humanitarian and will not belabor your disability. "Someone" was impressed at my quick grasp of the concept, because until I explained them to her she had no idea what they were, and as such she was, I'm sure, then able to decipher the presentation of the other knuckle dragging idiots you interviewed.

May your mothers realize their mistakes and drown you now, as they should have at birth.

Regards,

The better candidate.

"Insert Hysterical Laughter Here"

1 comment:

Joe said...

Glad to make a funny. Hope everyone is doing well.